Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'M PERSONALLY OPPOSED TO ABORTION...

...AND I'M GONNA SHARE MY OPINIONS WITH OTHERS!

There's certainly no question about that. When Geraldine Ferraro told the American public, "I'm personally opposed to abortion, but I'm not going to enforce my opinion on others," I knew that we were in trouble. I confess that I voted for Democratic candidates(many of whom were, and still are, pro-choice) because my parents told me that "The Democrats are the only ones helping working families..."

Yeah, right!

How can the Democrats stand up for health care, education, jobs, housing, and everything else, if they won't defend the most important right of them all-the right to life? That's right. I'm using this blog to voice and vent my opinions on pro-choice politicians. I cannot morally, and in good conscience, support Barack Obama, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, or anyone who sell out their personal beliefs for the sake of political expediency.

When I wanted to vote for a pro-life independent candidate back in 2002, my Mother told me that I would be throwing away my vote and electing a Republican. What a farce! I wanted to do what I wanted, but in the end, I gave in to her counsel.

Well, now we are facing our worst election in years. Barack Obama vs. John McCain. While John McCain supports an end to abortion, he wants to expand embryonic stem cell research. And Barack Obama? He wants to destroy all protection for the unborn. I'm not voting on race or condition; I'm voting on the platform of life.

When I worked with my company earlier in my career and I tried to tell my pro-life side, one of the secretaries said, "But don't you believe in a woman's right to choose?" And she gives me all this about the rape, incest...etc. But only 1-3% of all unplanned pregnancies are from those two causes.

And what about if the mother's life is in danger? Medical technology is so advanced today that it's possible to save both the mother and the child.

i"d always settle for "agreeing to disagree," but not anymore. With two evils staring at me in the face, I'm not going to fall for it. If we had a major candidate who would defend the right to life, maybe we could save this country from chaos. The unborn child's life, the elderly person's life, the disabled person's life-all of these need to be defended.

And another person who worked there one time told me that she was pro-choice after I told her I was pro-life. Well, she added, "3 things we don't talk about here are politics, religion, and abortion." Well, I have to talk about them. After all, some of the clients in the place I work for are either abortion providers or abortion advocates.

As a handicapped person myself, I believe that all human life from conception to natural death is sacred and must be protected at all costs. Any politician who will not do that has cancelled himself out of my vote.

You know, I said some time ago that we were all born with the freedom to choose, but no one has the right to choose to do what is evil. The 19th. century suffragettes were opposed to abortion, saying that it would ruin the fabric of our society.

Then came Margaret Sanger and her Planned Parenthood racket, which is the largest provider of abortion services in the world. Is that family planning? It's genocide! Abortion is a genocide that must be stopped. And I believe that my pro-life blog is a start to doing that. Our country stands on the precipice of darkness, and only by educating ourselves on the dangers of abortion can we pull back from it.

You know, every October, you see those "breast cancer" fundraisers for organizations like Susan B. Komen, but what they don't tell you is that Komen is a major contributor to Planned Parenthood. And you hear those medical studies saying that "abortion can cause breast cancer?" They are perfectly true, despite what Komen says.

And you know Lee National Denim Day, which benefits the Women's Cancer Initiatives of the Entertainment Industry Foundation? They're funding programs that use embryonic stem cells. That's why I won't pay $5 to wear jeans that day.

And can you believe this? Yesterday in the mail, I got a letter from the National Organization for Women urging people to "Keep Abortion Legal," by contributing to their election fund. I had it returned to the sender, because they're part of the pro-death front. I already told you that the advocates for women's rights in the 19th. Century opposed abortion.

Of course, I believe in equal rights for women and minorities, but I also believe in equal rights for the unborn, the elderly, the disabled, and for other marginalized peoples in our society. I know that myself; when I was growing up, I suffered mental and emotional damage from a hernia operation. After many tests, the speicalists told my parents that I would amount to nothing and that i should be put in an institution.

They wouldn't buy that, and they fought for the funding and the rights for kids like myself to get the highest quality education possible. Thus, we are proud citizens and contributors to the society we live in today. Unfortunately, if they're going to continue that advocacy, they need to start standing up for one's right to live. And of course, we do have alternatives to abortion; we just need to utlilize them.

As we go to the polls this coming Tuesday, let us reflect on our choices when we go to the polls. Let's educate ourselves on the politicians' platforms, especially on how they deal with abortion and euthanasia. And if that candidate you're voting for is "pro-choice," you must reject him or her. We have to be careful with who we select, because what they stand for may not be what we want.

Yes, I'm personally opposed to abortion and, unlike Geraldine Ferraro, I'm going to share my beliefs with others. If you agree with me, that's good. If you don't, that's fine. Just don't make me cow down to your beliefs. After all, I don't want to be denied by God for denying his message; I want to be professed in heaven for professing his message.

I welcome your response at this email address:
rclifford5778@comcast.net

Thank you for your time. And remember, pro-choice equals pro-death!'

Your loving friend,
Richard

P.S. You can visit the Abortion Breast Cancer Coalition at this web page:
http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/
And don't forget to pay a visit with Fr. Frank Pavone's Priests for Life at this link:
http://www.priestsforlife.org/

No comments: